Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

When Questing Goes Wrong

Greetings my loyal subjects!

Recently, I have been accompanying an imperial slave as he adventures through Azeroth and Outland with his paladin. Specifically, he has been doing quests and would rudely interrupt my Battlestar Galactica viewing marathon work whenever he needs a healer to keep him alive while he kills an elite monster.

One day, the imperial slave encountered an ancient shadowmoon spirit somewhere in Shadowmoon Valley. So he goes around collecting certain items for this kindly old spirit, just because he is a good law abiding paladin (and because he needed the experience points).

When all the items have been collected, the ancient shadowmoon spirit gave a wicked grin and said,

"Surely you did not believe the fairy tale that I told you. The Altar of Shadows is my prison. Without your help, I would have been stuck here for all eternity. Now, I will take over your body and you will destroy my captors and break these bonds. Refuse and we will both be stuck here forever."

It turned out that the kindly old spirit was Teron Gorefiend, a powerful and evil death knight! So he possesses the imperial slave, and I was there laughing my arse off because he was so easily fooled, even as he unwillingly killed Gorefiend's warden.

So anyway, after getting over the fact that he had actually helped a dead death knight possess him, the imperial slave met a kindly old troll who so very nicely asked him to massacre the other trolls in Drak'tharon Keep. And because he is a good law abiding paladin, he obliged.

After the deed was done, the kindly old troll appeared and thanked him for his help. Then all of a sudden, none other than the Lich King stepped out of a portal and praised the troll for adding an entire city to his undead armies.

Once again, the imperial slave began cursing his own stupidity because he was fooled into doing something evil yet again, while I was there laughing my arse off (and drooling over Arthas, because I'm a hopeless Arthas fan girl).

The imperial slave has since sworn that he will SO research these quests before agreeing to do them.

But where's the fun in that? ^_^


Signed,
Her Imperial Majesty

0 comments:

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About