Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

An Imperial Skating Rant

Greetings my loyal subjects!

Please excuse the lack of amusing posts lately. I'm just frustrated at the fact that I've been trying to learn the change foot spin for a month now, and still haven't shown any progress with it. Sifu has been scaring me with stories of other skaters taking a year just to learn it, while other skaters have confirmed that it took them months. It did take me three months to learn the one foot spin, but still! I just wanna get this over with so I can move on with my imperial life! >.<

Anyway, last night the Head Imperial Chauffeur and I went out for coffee, where I entertained him by making mean and nasty comments about all those infidel mortals who refuse to bow to my imperial rule. Whenever I do that, though, I end up taking a nasty fall the next time I go skating.

So this afternoon, I ended up doing just that. I was getting frustrated trying to learn the change foot spin, while sifu was equally frustrated trying to spin me around (literally - he was swinging my arm and leaving me spinning like a top) when I finally got it... for like two rotations then I lost my balance and fell hard on my bum.

I really hate having to leave the rink without feeling like I accomplished anything. It feels like a total waste of (expensive) ice time, but at the same time I can't force my divine but mortal body to continue skating if it was dead tired.

Oh well. I'm chucking this up to exhaustion, and a slight emotional imbalance in my otherwise perfect imperial life.




















Signed,
Her Imperial Majesty

0 comments:

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About