Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Obligatory Level Up! Live 2009 Post

Greetings my loyal subjects!

Apologies for missing yesterday's post for I was suffering from an imperial tummy ache. I basically spent the whole day yesterday lying in bed while groaning in pain. Afterwards, I grew bored so I spent the whole evening playing World of Warcraft while groaning in pain. Not to worry, though, my loyal subjects, for the infidel who poisoned my meal has been caught and duly executed. Moving on.

Every geek (the online gaming kind) who resides in the motherland isn't worth their salt if they didn't attend this year's Level Up! Live, and consequently blogging about it (if they own a blog). So without further ado, here is my obligatory Level Up! Live 2009 post.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Level Up! Live is the motherland's biggest gathering of online gamers, usually lasting for two days. So why did I grace this year's event with my imperial presence? To play board games, of course! I mean, why else would I be there? I haven't played a single Level Up! game since returning from exile (except for Hello Kitty Online, which I played for one night just to learn the basics so I can teach it to an imperial cousin).

So anyway, the Imperial Ambassador brought his Arkham Horror board game with him, as usual (yes, he actually lugs the entire set with him wherever he goes). He did a re-run of his Zombie Apocalypse scenario, and we would have won too if the convention hall didn't have to close so early. With players rolling successfully even when they're cursed and the Ambassador pulling up relatively weak monsters for us to fight, the tables of despair have turned.

The next day, the Head Imperial Priestess ran a Dungeons and Dragons game, which I of course didn't participate in. I took this opportunity to wander around the convention hall, blatantly ignoring the online gaming tournaments, trying out head gears, eating smuggled food (you are not allowed to bring your own food into the venue, you must instead ingest the crappy food they serve or eat outside the hall), and getting myself into lots of random photos. There was even one where the Seneschal of the Council of Queens and I were wearing identical flower crowns (which I will not post due to imperial security reasons, and yes, I am imperially immune to your "pics or it didn't happen" crap).

Of course, the most exciting part of the weekend happened after the event itself, when majority of the Imperial Council gathered for a grand feast. Much food and merriment were shared, and since one of the many dishes served was fried fish, an Imperial Slave entertained us with lots of fish jokes.

I returned to the Imperial Palace tired but happy, my imperial bag filled with trinkets I bought (or got for free). I have a new shirt that the Head Imperial Bodyguard gave me, and sitting in the imperial fridge is a box of oatmeal bars that the Head Imperial Baker made (that I swiped from the Head Imperial Chauffer's car).

All in all, it was a great online gaming weekend, which barely had anything to do with online gaming and more to do with friendships and creating great memories together.




















Signed,
Her Imperial Majesty

0 comments:

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About