Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Birthday Clause

Greetings my loyal subjects!

This weekend was the Imperial Consort's birthday bash. He celebrated by running his current favorite game ever, Dungeons and Dragons. Of course, because it is his birthday, the birthday clause dictates that I have to imperially participate in the game as well. And in case some of you, my perverted loyal subjects, are wondering: no, we did not have sex while playing DnD. Sickos.

Anyway, because the Imperial Consort knows me so well, he made me a character based on my playing style.

Empress: ...You made me a warlord?
Consort: She's not just a warlord, she is also a Princess of Cormyr! Do you like her?
Empress: I don't like swords.
Consort: Do you want her to use a mace instead?
Empress: ...

So the Imperial Court and I spent the afternoon whacking kobolds and gnomes when I could have been doing the same on World of Warcraft (except I'd be blasting them to smithereens with my spells instead of using something as barbaric as a sword).

Admittedly, though, I did actually have fun. Sometimes, an empress finds it relaxing to roleplay a mere princess. I also got to kick a beggar child in the rump and claim that I thought it was a rag doll (stuff you just can not do on a computer game).

The one thing I don't like about the game was the fact that it was very structured. See, in this scenario my character had to help her cousin out when she does not really care about his reputation and would rather do something else. But if I chose not to get my character to help, then the whole scenario is ruined for everyone else in the game... Its really like playing a linear video game where you have very limited choices (if any) on what to do in the game world, and the only thing you actually get to do is pilot the character(s) through battle scenes.

But I'm pretty sure that if the Imperial Consort designs a free-ranging campaign for me, I might actually enjoy Dungeons and Dragons ^_^

So here's to the Imperial Consort, and have a very happy birthday!


Signed,
Her Imperial Majesty

0 comments:

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About