Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Character Classes

Greetings my loyal subjects!

Last weekend, I loaded the Imperial Consort, Imperial Brother and Imperial Dog in the imperial car so we can go to a certain 15 pound one-year-old's birthday luau. Along the way, the Imperial Consort and Imperial Brother were engaged on a conversation.

Brother: I think I want to try out Star Wars: The Old Republic when it comes out.
Consort: Cool. What are the character classes?
Brother: Trooper, Smuggler, Jedi Knight and Jedi Consular for The Galactic Empire, and Bounty Hunter, Sith Warrior, Imperial Agent, and Sith Inquisitor for the Sith Empire.

At this point, I found my imperial brain automatically translating the character classes to their "proper" names:

"Trooper (Tank), Smuggler (Range DPS), Jedi Knight (Melee DPS), Jedi Consular (Magic DPS)."

"Bounty Hunter (Tank), Sith Warrior (Melee DPS), Imperial Agent (Range DPS), Sith Inquisitor (Magic DPS)."

So anyway, the conversation continued.

Consort: Have you tried Neo Steam yet?
Brother: What classes do they have?
Consort: Warriors, Mystics, Machinists, and Scouts.

The imperial brain translates:

"Warriors (Tank), Mystics (Magic DPS), Machinists (Crafter), Scouts (Range DPS)."

The point is, though I greatly enjoy the fancy names, I discovered that my imperial brain automatically categorizes everything as either Tank, Melee DPS, Range DPS, Magic DPS, Healer, or Crafter...

Excuse me, my loyal subjects, while I lock myself in the imperial bedchamber and ponder the mysteries of my imperial online gaming life.


Signed,
Her Imperial Majesty

0 comments:

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About