Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Battlestar Galactica: Pegasus

Greetings my loyal subjects!

Last weekend, the Imperial Court gathered at the Assistant Head Imperial Tailor's palace to try out the Imperial Ambassador's brand new Pegasus expansion for his Battlestar Galactica board game. In this expansion, you actually get to play one of the Cylon leaders ^_^ Anyway, because the Imperial Court loves me, the first thing they did was tempt me to play Caprica Six's character. This is so that they can freely accuse me of being a Cylon even before the loyalty cards were passed out ~_~ (I decided to play a human character instead, because I like screwing people up from behind.)

Also, in this expansion, players can execute other players by throwing them out of the airlock ^_^ Though I would have preferred beheading, I was happy with this new rule because I can just eliminate idiot humans instead of allowing them to use up oxygen by keeping them alive in Galactica's brig ^_^

The game was fun, of course. And what is a Battlestar Galactica game without the Imperial Court accusing me of being a Cylon? When I threw an Imperial Citizen into the brig (because the airlock was damaged, wrap your head around that... and he turned out to be a Cylon anyway), the other citizens used the Cylon detector on me just to make sure I wasn't one - and they still kept accusing me of being one ~_~

Anyway, here are some amusing lines from last weekend's game.

Ambassador (who was running the game): Admiral, you must discard five skill cards or execute the president.
Citizen (who was playing the president): Don't execute me! Please don't execute me! I... I can repair the ship!!!
(He was allowed to live because Galactica was very badly damaged by then.)

Ambassador: Your Majesty, a civilian ship has been launched. Who should I place it next to?
Empress (who was piloting a Viper): Place it next to the Head Imperial Nanny.
Nanny (who was also piloting a Viper): Wow, Your Majesty, you really think I'm such a great pilot that you would trust me to protect the ship?
Empress: No you idiot, there's a raider right next to me!

I can't wait to play again ^_^

 
Signed,
Her Imperial Majesty

0 comments:

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About