Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Omen

Greetings my loyal subjects!

(The following post may need minimal World of Warcraft raid experience to appreciate. I order you all to read it anyway.)

Full moon + PMS = an emo Empress.

Real world holidays and celebrations have their counterparts in World of Warcraft. The Lunar New Year was no exception. To celebrate the Lunar Festival, as it is called in WoW, one of the quests that adventurers are asked to do is to defeat Omen, a two-headed dog beast thing.

Last Sunday, some allies decided to do just that. I tagged along because, as a priestess, it would be impossible to defeat Omen all by myself. I mean, what do I expect to do, heal him to death?

Anyway, we gathered in Moonglade and formed our raid group. I was surprised when they placed me in a group with a single hunter. I mean, shouldn't I be in the same group as the main tank? Who is the main tank, anyway?

Then the raid leader announced that his pet, a giant worm thing, will be the main tank. Despite the fact that I really should be in the same group as the main tank, or rather, the main tank's owner, I thought, "Hey, I'm epic enough to handle this. I can heal the main tank without having to group with him." So I set focus on the worm then flipped my hair.

Moments before they summoned Omen, an Imperial Ally sent me a private message. "LOL. You're going to heal all by yourself."

I panicked. I thought the Head Imperial Chambermaid would be healing as well, as raid heals while I take MT heals as per our usual set up. Which is why I didn't mind being in a group with a single hunter too much. But it turned out that the Head Imperial Chambermaid was going to do DPS as well.

A dark thought descended upon me. "These people are plotting to discredit my Imperial Epicness! They're deliberately setting me up for failure! This cannot be! Nuuuuuuuu!"

I begged the Imperial Ally to please place me in the same group as the worm's owner. Thankfully, they complied.

So they summoned Omen, the worm tanked, or at least I hoped it did. I don't recall seeing it get damaged, unless my Power Word: Shield is epic enough to prevent that, though the melee DPS were all getting heavy damage, and my Prayer of Mending wasn't bouncing... Anyway, I got hit by a terrible lag spike just as the worm's owner got disconnected. One of the Imperial Slaves died as a result, but we were able to defeat Omen anyway.

So we successfully finished the quest. And no one said anything. We just turned in the quest, people thanked the group for the raid, and that was that. I mean, I'm not a complement whore, its just that usually people would thank me for a decent job. And I just healed a 12-man raid when I'm a Discipline Priest and the main tank is a worm. But really, I didn't mind.

What I did mind was when somebody commented on how imba that worm was. My Imperial Martyrdom couldn't handle it so I ended up kicking the Imperial Dog while screaming, "WHAT THE FRAK? THAT WORM DIDN'T DO SHIT! BUT NOW THAT WORM IS BEING HAILED AS A HERO WHILE I'M BEING TREATED LIKE SOME FART THAT EVERYONE REFUSES TO ACKNOWLEDGE!!!"

Anyway ^_^

What did I expect? There are only two kinds of people who would appreciate my healing, anyway.

1) People who are also healers.
2) People who also have Discipline Priests.
3) People who I will imperially strangle if they don't (i.e, the Imperial Ambassador)

(Yes, all three of them are really just two, so wrap your mortal minds around that.)

Moral of the story: There is an unappreciated priestess behind every imba worm.

Q_Q

Grovel before me, worm!

Q_Q

 
Signed,
Her Imperial Majesty

0 comments:

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About